Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ok, Yesterday I promised to translate my Valentine's poster. Well, I was on strike. (it's France!) and with good reason. What would you do if your desk looked like this. I couldn't find the computer!

After organising at least two files I located the computer and am back on track! For those of you who are faithful enough to have come back today I will. For those of you more gifted for the French language than me can correct, but, please, with love and tenderness. It is the le fléau de mon existence (the bane of my life) that I continue, after 22 years here, to speak French like a vache espagnole (Spanish cow but more apt would be worse than Jane Birkin!)


For the Saint Valentine's menu I tried to have an aphrodisiac ingredient in each dish or drink. We will be starting with a Valentine's Kir,

It is actually my Thanksgiving Kir with a little Kirsch added. The recipe: l tsp Cranberry (or Raspberry) liqueur, 1 tsp Kirsch add 3 or 4 dried cranberries then fill the glass with sparkling wine. (for those who do not drink the Devil's drink may use Perrier)




I tried desperately to upload a video of the Kir. Because, I promise you, the cranberries dance!! It is magic! If any of you can and would explain how to upload so can you enjoy the dance!

As a starter, oeuf poché (poached egg) red & black
Ok, so this wasn't hard to translate; in fact this whole menu is easy! The red and black will be salmon and lump eggs. The recipe is one of the Christine's who has promised to give it to me afterwards.

The plat de resistence (main dish) will be roasted chicken marinated in a ginger, honey and mustard sauce. Recipe later as I haven't yet made it!
Safran rice (the safran comes from local producer just 6 kms from us!)

Endive salad with walnuts
Chocolate tart (see the posting "Chocolate for Lauren" to have the recipe)
wine and coffee

ALL THAT FOR ONLY 25 EUROS!!

You should think about coming over for the week end! The fire in chimney will be ablaze the whole week end long!

kristi anderson
bed & breakfast
15 place de l'église
45240 ligny le ribault

No comments:

Post a Comment