Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Chocolat tart for Lauren





The day after Thanksgiving was leisurely to say the least.

But I haven't yet talked about Friday night's dinner. The fun thing about this week end is that I try to blend the French and American cultures. After all I am a
Frenchifed American. I enjoy giving an American touch to French things, such as my Thanksgiving Kir and a French touch to American things,
I make a delightful crème fraiche sauce with Calvados for my apple crumble.

For the Thanksgiving weekend, Friday evening I cooked a typical French game dinner. Sologne is the hunting heart of France. Besides
the Tarte Tartin, white aspergus, mushrooms, it is the game cooking that is internationally known.

The menu for the evening was:

Brie fondu with dried tomatoes and herbs
Faison Chasseur
Pheasant in a red wine mushroom sauce
Herbed noodles
Goat cheese (speciality from this region)
Tarte au chocolat

Now, as I have said, I mix the cultures. And, Lauren has asked especially for the tart recipe. Here it is. It is a typical French chocolat tart, rich beyond imagination but....I have put it on the closest thing to a graham cracker crust...specaloos!

Ingredients

Crust
240 grams speculoos
2 1/2 tablespoons melted butter

Preheat oven to 350°F, 175°C
Crumble the speculoos, add the melted butter, mix well. Put the mixture in a pie mold (22cm diamter) and press down firmly. Bake 5 minutes. let it cool

Filling
200 grams dark chocolat
20 cl cream (crème liquide)

Crumble the chocolat into a microwave proof dish, add the cream and microwave for 2 minutes. Mix until thoroughly blended. Pour into mold.

Let cool.

And, Lauren, that is it!

1 comment:

  1. You must be a fantastic cook. Your menu had me drooling! Love the recipe for the chocolate tarte. It's easy enough even for me.

    Bisous, Dedene

    ReplyDelete